Sunday, February 1, 2009

Customer Service


Traveling in the USA two weeks ago, I decided to take the train from Davis CA to San Francisco CA. Public transport generally does not have a very good reputation in the USA. It was with some trepidation therefore that I went with the train option. My fears were totally unfounded however. Buying the ticket online was easy. You get a booking code which you use to collect your ticket at the train station. Back home in the Netherlands small stations typically no longer have any human beings to assist you and machines are what is left. It was a very nice surprise to see not only a human being at the train station in Davis CA but also a chair for you to sit down while you complete your transaction. So civilized and so pleasant!

1 comment:

  1. San Fransisco rings a sad bell in my heart. Today the italian lady of the pizzeria next door door told me that my cat "pss pss" had died in San Fransisco. Apparently the 2 guys who took him to the States spoiled him too much. He became fat and died after 2 years living american style. I calculated he only reach the modest age of 9 or 10 years. Too young for the sweetest cat i have encountered during my life.

    ReplyDelete