Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Sunday afternoon stroll to the park!

This afternoon L. had been invited for a lunch with colleagues and since the weather forecast was good (0% change on rain and about 23 degrees Celsius) I decided to realize an old ambition and to go for a walk to Century Park. We live about 10 kilometer from the Huangpu River on the west side, Century Park is a couple of kilometers on the other side. All in all a walk of about 17 - 18 kilometer I think.

I took off at 11.00 in the morning.




It was encouraging to read after about 45 minutes that I should keep dreaming.




The decoration on the side-walks kept me busy.




Retail in Shanghai does not always follow the model from elsewhere. Why not buy a pair of shoes when you are buying a new pot for the kitchen.





If you walk enough, you will also lose weight, and not a little. When I weighed myself after I came back I had lost a little over a kilo. Maybe I did not walk enough.



I see complicated structures to keep up the traffic lights and to keep the pedestrians of the streets while crossing.



Then after 2 hours I can see Pudong (the other side of the river). I also realize that weather forecasts are as unreliable as in other parts of the world when it begins to rain.




After 2 hours I cross the Huangpu River, time to take shelter from the rain and admire the view.



Yes, it was still raining, but who cares! How many times in my life do I walk to Century Park and the air is far cleaner with the rain than without.




Others take it far less serious this afternoon than me when it comes to exercise I notice.



False alarm, the green spot across the road is NOT Century park. It seems that the guy on motor cycle knows that.



Then, after 3 hours and 40 minutes and several blisters on my feet this time the real thing!
CENTURY PARK!!!!




HURRAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely walk White Tulip. Love the swimming pool photo. Hope those blisters are healing nicely. SF

    ReplyDelete